Manhattan’s Skyline is the home of this extraordinary rooftop lounge named The Fleur Room, on the 35th Floor of the Moxy Chelsea Hotel, you’ll be sure to have impressive moments with the gents or the lady of your night.
In This Article
Last Updated –
First Published –
The Fleur Room, 35th Floor of Moxy Chelsea
Nestled within the Moxy Chelsea hotel, The Fleur Room beckons as a unique destination on the 35th floor. An establishment distinct in its design and offerings, it presents an opportunity for visitors to experience a one-of-a-kind atmosphere.
Upon entering The Fleur Room, guests are greeted by a rooftop lounge that boasts sweeping city views through its floor-to-ceiling windows. The unobstructed panorama encompasses the iconic Manhattan skyline, featuring landmarks like the Empire State Building.
The space is divided into two sections, with a more relaxed area featuring a full classic bar and ample seating, while the wider room features banquettes that transform into a dance floor as the night progresses.
A Fusion of Nature and Modernity
Designed by the Rockwell Group, known for their work on various hospitality venues, The Fleur Room’s aesthetic merges botanical elements with a contemporary touch. The space features subtle Venetian plaster niches and a barrel-vault ceiling, adorned with geometric light fixtures that conjure up a sense of classic European elegance. The focal point of the lounge is a vintage disco ball, a nod to the glamour of the past.
The lounge’s floor-to-ceiling windows provide guests with expansive views of the city, and during warmer months, garage-style windows can be opened to let in fresh air. The rooftop bar invites patrons to unwind in an environment where they can enjoy the skyline in a setting that stands out from the typical underground nightlife scene.
A Magnet for Locals and A-List Guests
Frequented by both locals and visitors, The Fleur Room has already seen a share of high-profile guests, drawn by the allure of its unique design and atmosphere. It’s important to note that The Fleur Room has become recognized for its strict dress code, which requires upscale fashionable attire. Additionally, all guests must be 21 years or older with a valid ID for entry.
With the exceptional 360-degree views of the Manhattan skyline, you’ll see landmarks from the Statue of Liberty to the Empire State Building. The rooftop lounge designed by Rockwell Group adds a glamorous touch and vibe to the botanical theme with rich floral fabrics, a copper-clad bar, a water droplet chandelier and a massive vintage disco ball that once graced the infamous LA club Vertigo.
The North and Southside of The Fleur Room can be used separately to accommodate groups of 100 guests on each side, or combined for a private event for up to 200 guests.
Best Alternatives to The Fleur Room
While The Fleur Room on the 35th Floor of Moxy Chelsea offers a unique experience, there are several alternatives that also provide captivating rooftop lounges with distinctive atmospheres. Here are a few options:
- 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar (New York City): Known for its breathtaking views of the Empire State Building and Manhattan skyline, this expansive rooftop bar offers both indoor and outdoor spaces. It features a garden-like setting with heated igloos during colder months, making it a popular year-round destination.
- The Rooftop at The Standard, Downtown LA (Los Angeles): Situated atop The Standard hotel, this rooftop offers stunning panoramic views of the city and an eclectic atmosphere. It includes a pool, bar, lounge areas, and fire pits, creating a trendy spot for both day and night experiences.
- Sky Bar at The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills (Los Angeles): Providing sweeping views of Los Angeles, this upscale rooftop bar boasts a sophisticated setting and a glamorous ambiance. Known for its craft cocktails and chic design, it offers a relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere.
- Le Bain at The Standard, High Line (New York City): Another offering from The Standard, this rooftop bar features a plunge pool, lounge seating, and a vibrant nightlife scene. With both indoor and outdoor areas, it showcases panoramic views of the Hudson River and cityscape.
- The Roof at Public Chicago (Chicago): Offering a blend of modern design and cityscape vistas, this rooftop lounge provides an intimate setting with a clear view of Chicago’s skyline. The atmosphere is characterized by its chic decor and a diverse selection of cocktails.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow Rooftop Lounge (Moscow): Located atop the luxury Ritz-Carlton hotel, this rooftop lounge offers stunning views of Moscow’s historic sites and landmarks. Guests can indulge in premium drinks and exquisite bites while enjoying the city’s skyline.
- Sky Garden at 20 Fenchurch Street (London): Affectionately known as the “Walkie-Talkie Building,” this unique rooftop garden provides a lush oasis within the heart of London. Featuring landscaped gardens, observation decks, and dining options, it offers a serene escape with panoramic city views.
- AER Lounge & Bar at Four Seasons Mumbai (Mumbai): Situated on the 34th floor of the Four Seasons Hotel, this rooftop bar offers breathtaking views of the Mumbai skyline and the Arabian Sea. With a modern and sophisticated ambiance, it’s a sought-after spot for both locals and visitors.
- 360 Istanbul (Istanbul): Providing captivating views of Istanbul’s iconic skyline and historic sites, this rooftop bar offers a mix of modern and traditional Turkish design. Guests can savor both local and international cuisines while enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.
- Ozone Bar at The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong (Hong Kong): Elevated on the 118th floor of a skyscraper, this rooftop bar claims to be one of the world’s highest. With panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and the city, it offers a luxurious and memorable experience.
These alternatives to The Fleur Room on the 35th Floor of Moxy Chelsea present a range of diverse atmospheres, breathtaking views, and exclusive designs. Each offers a unique perspective on elevated nightlife, allowing patrons to choose an experience that resonates with their preferences and interests.
The Fleur Room on the 35th floor of Moxy Chelsea presents an opportunity to experience an elevated rooftop lounge with remarkable city views and a design that blends elegance with a touch of nostalgia. For those interested in a space that offers a departure from the ordinary, The Fleur Room stands as an option to explore and consider for a night out in New York City.